What type of finish is on my table?

« back to Interior Home Improvement forum

Topic by Handymam posted 05-14-2013 07:22 AM 4653 views 0 times favorited 8 replies Add to Favorites Watch
View Handymam's profile


2 posts in 1864 days

05-14-2013 07:22 AM

Topic tags/keywords: table tabletop wood finish no water ring keller furniture

I have a 10 year old wood dining table that was made by Keller Furniture Company (no longer in business). We love this table because if a water ring appears, it will dry on it’s own without leaving a mark. Unbeknownst to us before too late, water stood under a plant long enough to raise the grain on the table. As always, there is no visible water ring, but the area is rough. I’d like to refinish this table to repair this damage, but don’t know what finish it currently has that allows it to resist water rings in this manner.

Does anyone know what this might be? Tung oil? Poly? Lacquer? Whatever it is, it has served us well!

View MarkTheFiddler's profile


447 posts in 2194 days

05-16-2013 03:34 AM

Howdy Handyman,

Have you posted your question on Lumberjocks? That’s a sister site to this one. One of those guys will probably hit the nail on the head. Best of luck to you!

-- Working on my home for 2 years and counting.

View Handymam's profile


2 posts in 1864 days

05-20-2013 01:06 AM

Yes, but no hits yet. ;-(

View naomipadilla's profile


1 post in 1850 days

05-28-2013 10:11 AM

View marshallmosby56's profile


12 posts in 705 days

08-20-2016 06:08 PM

Firstly, Congrats for being so fortunate. Secondly, It would be helpful if you could show some images.

-- Love my Work!

View JamesPDX's profile


2 posts in 530 days

01-08-2017 12:07 AM

If you can post a picture that would be helpful, I” specialize in resurfacing and would be able to give input. http://www.resurfacingportland.com/

View Kaleem's profile


2 posts in 13 days

06-08-2018 01:36 PM

Hi, We are the best seohttps://www.fiverr.com/kaleemseo optimizer on the internet, We have been very successful on every other platform and doing seo for almost 3 years now so order now and feel the difference. Thanks KaleemSeo

View jagdishkumar9's profile


2 posts in 17 days

06-09-2018 03:51 AM

a very good question you have asked here in this form. Check my Punjabi ghaint status That I have shared here

View asimseo's profile


9 posts in 16 days

06-19-2018 10:51 AM

Thank you for some other informative blog. Where else could I get that type of information written in such an ideal means? I have a mission that I’m just now working on, and I have been at the look out for such information.

You must be signed in to reply.

DISCLAIMER: All views and comments posted by members are not necessarily those of HomeRefurbers.com or of those working on the site.

Latest Projects | Latest Blog Entries | Latest Forum Topics

LumberJocks.com :: woodworking showcase