|Project by dfletcher||posted 02-12-2010 04:37 PM||3531 views||1 time favorited||6 comments|
The customers had some cabinets they wanted to replace their existing ones with. Of course, nothing matched exactly, so I had to get pretty creative to work within their budget and have it not look like a kid put it together.
To save cost, we went with a kitchen counter top, since they had the room, and moved the cabinets out 3” from the wall. This saved them a lot on, several hundred dollars, just by getting a larger top and having me do the cutting. This worked out very well for them.
When I got everything in place and connected, I had to figure out how to make it look as if these cabinets were meant to be there, so we went with fluted molding around the corner and on each end. The look came out better than I had expected, so I was pretty happy with that.
With these cabinets, they had received a 12” deep base cabinet. They wanted it turned into a wall cabinet, so, with my saw, i gave them what they wanted. Pretty easy and straight forward, just switched the doors so the hardware was on the bottom and added some trim to the bottom to hide the edge of the plywood we added to the bottom.
All-in-all, they have been happy with the small transformation it has made for them. The cabinets are taller and deeper, which they both like and the look makes their bathroom feel more luxurious, (their words, not mine.), so it is a good day for me.
We are going to put a mirror on the wall when they come back from vacation, but it is not their top priority this week, with all of the snow.