|Project by dbray45||posted 04-22-2014 at 06:04 AM||4930 views||0 times favorited||4 comments|
In the previous project, the ramp was in need, this project (and the kitchen) were required to make the house habitable. We completed both in the allotted 5 days.
All of the cabinetry was made in 2 weeks, the kitchen and the bathroom. The budget was about $200.00 for all of it, so store bought was out of the question. The Ikea sink was one we already had in a different bathroom and replaced it with something else – future posting project and was in the basement in a box.
First the finish pictures. Keep in mind that the goal here was to have a working washroom. The walls and paint are my daughter’s issue not mine. The floor had indoor/outdoor carpet – not sanitary by any means, and covered over a serious amount of mold and rot.
The water closet had been leaking for a lot time and instead of fixing it, someone put down carpet.
Now that you see the finished part, yes the drain was later connected.
Now for the before pictures:
In this picture, it looks like the water closet is listing at 10 degrees – it is, the only thing holding it up is the cast iron standpipe.
Carpet mostly removed, 3 layers of tile under it, and all that black stuff against the wall – rotted and moldy floor.
Just getting to the sub floor was a challenge -
Under all this, we find extra holes, at least the joists had not rotted
Here – I am shoring up the joists, Whoever put in the shower, cut mostly through several joists and these were in need of help.
Removing the sub floor from previous duct holes in the middle of the floor and fixing them
Sub floor finally done
Hardiboard getting screwed down
Floor dry fit – I always do this to make sure it looks nice, I have enough, and is cut right. Then they are numbered
All done after grouting
Hope you enjoyed.
-- Love woodworking and fixing most anything