|Project by Pat3||posted 100 days ago||1955 views||0 times favorited||8 comments|
After having the house re-leveled and the foundation repaired, we had to give the Porch a much needed remodel of sorts. When the house was raised up, the porch siding and window on the right side porch separated and broke since we did not raise the porch. Instead of rebuilding that side of the porch, we just removed it since it was not part of the original house build.
Next was replacing the siding on the left side to match the rest of the house siding already replaced:
I added a new top railing and replaced the old quarter round molding on the inside of the porch. Next was to replace several rotted plank boards in front of the front door, of course the new boards are not the same thickness as the old boards:
Next we chose a darker color green to pop the new green color we had the house painted, I hand scraped off as much of the old layers of paint, from the floor planks, that I could:
I also added new trim pieces to the window and front door, filled in the cracks and painted the two front columns and caulked all the way btwn the house and porch floor planks (no photos of the finished product).