|Project by Greg||posted 04-09-2014 03:48 PM||1986 views||0 times favorited||3 comments|
So this was initially just a tile job. In the beginning it was carpet over VCT. So we pulled that up.
They had baseboard heat so I pulled all the old covers and bought new high output covers. Well when we pulled the covers we discovered that gutter downspout right outside was left disconnected allowing water through the concrete at the base of the wall causing pretty substantial rot. You can see it here
In the last picture here you can see one of the rotten 2×4s. Because there was no structure we had to reframe the walls so that there was something to attach all the baseboard covers to.
Oh yea! I forgot to mention also that as we were pulling the baseboard covers, one of the corners that the previous plumber soldered was not exactly….well….done properly. The pipe went about an 1/8” into the elbow and, surprise surprise, fell apart spraying water everywhere. So after shutting down and draining the boiler, we repaired that.
FINALLY TILE TIME!!!
It came out well. The job also wound up including tearing down paneling from the 70s repairing quite a bit of Sheetrock repair and all new base trim. Oh yea! I forgot! If you scroll up that picture of the outlet. We replaced all the outlets because nothing was grounded so they got all new tamper resistant outlets that are PROPERLY installed. Hope you like it
-- Ferdinand and Son Construction. Do it right the first time. Like us on Facebook