|Project by Pat3||posted 02-15-2014 04:20 PM||1651 views||0 times favorited||6 comments|
After taking a second moving van of our stuff to the Oregon house, which was just about everything we owned except some clothes and tools we were going to need to finish remodeling the house, we started on the Master Bedroom. The remodel would include new carpeting, one new window, remove and reinstall two older windows, new drywall ceiling and painting over the old T&G knotty Pine paneling, and finally redoing the lighting.
First up was removing the old carpeting:
I found linoleum underneath, but left that since it was in good shape for new carpeting. Next it was onto removing the old nasty, yellowing ceiling tiles:
Next. I removed the single bulb light fixture and installed a new connection box in its place, then I added a new ceiling fan mounting bracket and moved the ceiling fan to the center of the room:
I had also removed the interior and exterior window trim at this time. I started by removing the old hand crank out window:
Reframed rough opening, flashing and new window installed:
Trimmed out interior of new window:
Trimmed out exterior:
About 25yrs ago I had installed two windows, but I had no clue what I was doing and did it wrong. So I went back, removed both windows, reframed the openings and reinstalled them correctly:
At this point I had a contractor come in to install the new drywall ceiling, caulk all the paneling seams, then primer and paint the room (I only have videos of that progress and cannot get them to load here sorry). After painting we had the flooring company install new carpeting and linoleum in the adjacent laundry room:
The room is now bright and inviting, no longer the dark dungeon it once was :0)
Also forgot to mention that the wall heater cover was spray painted white, new outlets, light switch and covers were installed, as well as new vertical blinds for each window.
Edit 4/29/2014. I added 2 YouTube links to better show the final product.