|Project by Wendell||posted 1587 days ago||1591 views||1 time favorited||13 comments|
In 2005 we bought a stone farmhouse that was built in 1760. There was some loose plaster in the living room, which we wanted to take care of before we painted. So we started picking at it, and found more. And more. And then we found mildew under the ceiling paint. Grr.
It was a great learning experience because we taught ourselves how to do wet-wall repairs. For most of it we used Synkoloid’s, which is great stuff. By the end our technique had improved to the point where we wanted to go back where we started and do it over. Almost.
Take care to feather out the plaster as smoothly as possible. The better you blend, the less sanding you’ll have to do after it dries. And sanding a ceiling in summer heat is miserable work. But we’re glad we did it.