It’s been 28 days since I last updated here. It feels like the home stretch, but I know it’s not yet. However, I did get enough materials out of the driveway today that we should be able to park there tomorrow!
Since the last update, we have:
- Put the firebreak sheetrock on the outside of the sheathing, and wrapped the building.
- Got most of the siding on.
- Hung the preliminary door.
- Had the rough electrical inspected.
- Got help from some houseguests, that included getting the insulation in the inside, and we put the insulation on the roof and got that inspected.
- And today, we Got the grating to hold the earth for the living roof in place around the perimeter of the roof, started laying the floor, and got the interior drywall inside.
Three inspections left: Drywall, electrical (which I hope to combine, depending on when I can get to digging the electrical service trench), and final.
-- Dan Lyke, Petaluma California, http://www.flutterby.net/