Painting, flooring, hardware, trim is done. You may remember that I built the door trim from scratch. The shoe molding is also mine. Baseboards, I bought.
The design for the simple murals started from my head but they don’t look anything like I started with. My daughter kept refining it. What’s cool is Victoria, picked all her colors, the style of the murals, the location, size color combinations etc. She made her own templates for the edges and picked which edges I used for each mural. She even got in there and did some painting. That slowed me down quite a bit but she had a great experience. I did nix quite a few of her color choices but she was thrilled with her ultimate combination. Even though the murals are not my first choice, I think they came out nice.
I didn’t let Victoria pick the flooring because I found good looking, prepadded laminate at Lumber Liquidators for $1.50. All I had to do was lay down a moisture barrier. I cut all the flooring with a table saw and basic sled with the exception of a couple of spots around the closet floor. I used my Dremel to get some precise curves.
I’ve got to build some good attractive storage. Good and attractive are difficult for me when it comes to woodwork but I’ll do my best.
Here are some some shots of where the room is now.
-- Working on my home for 2 years and counting.