I’ve have been working on a clients home that has entailed several different projects/phases. One of the things being done is upgrading most if not all of the trim through out this 7300 sq. ft. home. Next is doing the front entry and hall. There are two archways, one arched bi-fold (both sides), and an arched front door. Seven arches total with three different radius’s. First I made some paper templates from the openings and then transfered this to the material, in this case paint grade poplar. Next was doing a rough cut on the band saw Then fine tuning the radius with the router on a long trammel with a 1/2” spiral bit Now I made some guides for the Woodmaster out of 1/4” UltraPly (MDF) with a 1/2” pattern bit using the molding blank itself for the pattern. Clamp the guides in the molder and set up the molding knife to line up correctly and we’re ready to run and make some serious wood chips. This molding knife was custom made to match a stock molding from my trim supplier. And as simple as that..lol….there it is…ready to prime. I’ll try to get some install pics or least the after shots.
|This blog is written by GaryL | 1 entry so far|