This project was completed in early December, but still had a punch-list to finish off (touch up painting, 3rd screws in hinges, etc.). Overall, everything on this job went well. I can’t say I am sorry that I took it on, as I learned a LOT in this never-ending ordeal. When I was working on that list last night, she handed me her “list” of things she thought were missing. She was 100% correct – they were all missing because every item was new to the project. I told her I would get to it.
Here are a couple of pictures of the project.
In the picture above, the two doors on the bottom rail of the basement door are for the cats. The doors are functional, and have little knobs on them. That is the one feature she points out to everyone.
If you look at the sink, you’ll notice it is flush with the counter. This is the first time I’ve heard of someone wanting a farmer’s sink flush. Everyone who dealt with installing the counter had never had that request before, but everything went well. I attribute that to the digital layout of the counter. It was cut exactly to the computer layout.
I’ll post a few more pictures this week showing some of the “extras” that made their way into the project, along with some editorial comments on building materials used.
-- No matter how many times I measure, I always forget the dimensions before I cut.